Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: trinaninaphoenix Southern California - 07/24/12 10:32 PM
Has anyone used someone to test thier children in Southern California that they could recommend? I want a full testing, not just IQ for my 2 oldest girls.
Posted By: Edwin Re: Southern California - 07/25/12 12:40 AM
David Palmer in Laguna is one we used, another is Beth Levy in Santa Monica
Posted By: trinaninaphoenix Re: Southern California - 07/25/12 01:34 AM
Ok thanks. I will look into them. How much did it cost if you dont mind me asking? If you do I understand.

Never mind I figured it out.
Posted By: KatieMama Re: Southern California - 07/25/12 03:04 AM
David Palmer...He was great. My son had a wonderful time "playing games" with him!

Good luck!
Posted By: Grandma Sarah Re: Southern California - 07/25/12 04:22 AM
Yes, Dr. Palmer is wonderful!
Posted By: SDMom Re: Southern California - 07/25/12 04:34 AM
In San Diego, Dr. Carolyn Light is absolutely wonderful. Took the time to really listen to me & then my son when she tested him.
Posted By: tao Re: Southern California - 07/25/12 03:48 PM
We used Dr. Palmer for both achievement and IQ tests. He's great.
Posted By: Pru Re: Southern California - 07/25/12 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by SDMom
In San Diego, Dr. Carolyn Light is absolutely wonderful. Took the time to really listen to me & then my son when she tested him.
How would you describe her test report? I found Dr. Palmer's thin, largely a template. I only say this after having talked to another respected tester familiar with gifted children. Did Dr. Light provide raw subtest scores by default? We had to ask and wait about three weeks for them from Dr. Palmer.
Posted By: Edwin Re: Southern California - 07/25/12 05:56 PM
Between Dr. Palmer and Beth Levy, we prefered Dr. Levy. She covered her report in more detail and the enviroment for the test was at her home (Back house is an office). Our son was more comfortable with Dr. Levy. Dr. Palmer was also good, but we seemed to connect better with Dr. Levy. We used Dr. Palmer for the IQ test, and Dr. Levy for the Achievment test.
Posted By: SDMom Re: Southern California - 07/26/12 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by Pru
Originally Posted by SDMom
How would you describe her test report? I found Dr. Palmer's thin, largely a template. I only say this after having talked to another respected tester familiar with gifted children. Did Dr. Light provide raw subtest scores by default? We had to ask and wait about three weeks for them from Dr. Palmer.

Her report was very detailed. I got all scores in it without asking. She went into detail with DH & I in our follow up above & beyond what was written. I had my report the week following testing. Some of it was boiler plate but her observations were definitely not. She also went into detail why we should ignore his FSIQ and go with GAI. I was extremely happy with it all in the end. It also helps that she's a parent of a 2E so she gets it.
Posted By: St. Margaret Re: Southern California - 07/29/12 04:23 AM
Oh it's nice to hear about Dr. Light, thank you. I hope to someday get my daughter tested with her, but for now we can't quite justify the cost. But it's nice to know if schooling stuff makes it really necessary it'll be really worth it!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum