Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: aculady You know you're a geek when... - 01/15/12 04:56 AM
...the targeted ads on your g-mail account page that you get from Google scanning your e-mail content look like this:

Woodrow Wilson Fellowship - WWTeachingFellowship.org - A Teaching Fellowship for Science, Tech, Engineering & Math. Apply Now

Posted By: ColinsMum Re: You know you're a geek when... - 01/15/12 08:30 AM
...you think, "Ads? Oh yeah, there used to be ads before I set my adblocker on them, probably". (You do remember the Davidson forum having a really annoying black and green twitter panel, but the adblocker dealt with that, too.)

[But probably good on google, in a way, and congrats on being a confirmed geek :-) It was Facebook telling me to lose a stone in 3 days every time I went there that led me to install an adblocker finally - before that I found my in-brain filtering mechanisms worked well enough on their own.]
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: You know you're a geek when... - 01/15/12 02:51 PM
I LOVE ad blocker smile Pages load much more quickly now smile
Posted By: epoh Re: You know you're a geek when... - 01/15/12 03:26 PM
Ad-blocker on my Android phone was a life saver! I do see the gmail ads on my iPad though, lol. Lately they are all travel sites (we just got back from Thailand).
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum