Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Val [SPAM] - 01/01/12 11:32 PM
Does anyone know why our messages are being [SPAMMED]? I just tried to cut and paste something into a reply in the High IQs/Cops thread and the copied text was marked as [SPAM].

Added:

I've done a bit of testing to figure out how it happens. The system seems to object to the name of the plaintiff in the cop IQ case. It is J-o-r-d-a-n. Is there a keyword function in the spam filter that's somewhat overzealous and has determined that Bostonian is trying to flog athletic shoes?

Also, is anyone else having problems with the following?

1. Function buttons (e.g. Bold, Colors, Italic) don't work (tested on IE and Chrome).

2. Timestamps are missing from messages (tested on IE and Chrome).
Posted By: La Texican Re: [SPAM] - 01/02/12 12:01 AM
I haven't seen time stamps in months. It seems to have switched to post #'s, like yours says #119120- where the time used to be. Still browsing on an iPhone (safari browser).

Posted By: Val Re: [SPAM] - 01/02/12 12:13 AM
The time stamps seem to come and go. Just now they came back in the column with recent posts, but they're still not showing in the messages themselves. And I've seen them appear and disappear in the column of recent posts.
Posted By: La Texican Re: [SPAM] - 01/02/12 02:04 AM
Yeah, sometimes I see the time/date on the recent post column. The Last post column over where the main categories are usually has a blue box with a white question mark in it. It does seem to use a pretty generic spam blocker. I've had to reword my post before.
Posted By: CAMom Re: [SPAM] - 01/02/12 05:10 AM
I can only see timestamps if I'm not logged in. If I'm logged in, there are not date/time stamps at all.
Posted By: Cricket2 Re: [SPAM] - 01/02/12 02:40 PM
I had the problem with the time stamps showing as #119134 type of things for a while then they came back. About a week or two ago they all changed back to the random #s rather than times. I haven't tried viewing posts without being logged in to see if that helps. I'll give that a try.

I guess that we are all willing to put up with board problems here b/c the community is something we can't find anywhere else even if it is hard to know when someone posted!
Posted By: Cricket2 Re: [SPAM] - 01/02/12 02:42 PM
Yep, logging out fixed the time stamp problem. I, obviously, just logged back in, but when I was logged out I could see the times just fine.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum