Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: gomommago New to....just about everything here! - 11/30/11 06:52 PM
Hello Everyone!

Just a new member saying howdy. I've found my way here via ds7 (soon to be ds8). We had ds7 tested recently, at the suggestion of both family friends and his public elementary school, and are still trying to wrap our arms around the conclusions that this son of ours is HG/PG and should qualify for DYS based on IQ and WJ-III scores. Imagine....three weeks ago, I had never even heard of DYS.

So...I have lurked on this forum for a couple of weeks and have taken great comfort from the fact that so many of you have been down the gifted road before us. I'll look forward to learning from you all, and sharing our own experiences!
Posted By: Giftodd Re: New to....just about everything here! - 11/30/11 07:03 PM
Welcome gomommago! I've found this board to be an invaluable resource and a great place for a sanity check. Hope It continues to be for you too smile

Best of luck with getting your son's needs meet and with the DYS application.
Posted By: ColinsMum Re: New to....just about everything here! - 11/30/11 07:20 PM
Welcome gomommago! I hope you'll find being here helpful. I have a DS almost the same age, and look forward to hearing more about yours.
Posted By: BWBShari Re: New to....just about everything here! - 11/30/11 08:00 PM
Welcome aboard!! I have a DS8 too! Since you are new to all of this, I would recommend you check out Hoagies. I don't have the URL offhand, but if you type it in your search box, it'll pop right up. Hoagies is a resource for all things gifted. More information than one person could ever read!
Posted By: ABQMom Re: New to....just about everything here! - 11/30/11 08:48 PM
When I first found this group a few years ago, I was in awe at the depth of knowledge and generosity of time in helping me figure out the best course od action for my 2E kid. Now I'm even more in awe.

Welcome and happy parenting!
Posted By: triplejmom Re: New to....just about everything here! - 11/30/11 09:40 PM
Welcome! I have a DS8 as well smile Glad you have found this place, so much information can be found here! Good luck with your DYS application...Its amazing what you find out about after testing isn't it? It opened up a whole new world for us this summer after DS tested.
Posted By: gomommago Re: New to....just about everything here! - 11/30/11 10:06 PM
Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome!
Posted By: Lukemac Re: New to....just about everything here! - 11/30/11 10:44 PM
Welcome! I have been here a while, and I still can't answer anyones questions... but appreciate that others can answer mine! It is a long and winding road!!!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum