Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: bgbarnes Kids say the darndest things... - 11/08/11 03:54 AM
My ds9 asked me my favorite color- I said purple. He asked why- I answered because it is pretty( I was not into 20 questions this evening). I asked him his favorite color- his answer black or red. I asked why? His response- Black because it is the color of fertile soil, symbolizing new life, especially volcanic soil because it has so many minerals. Red because it is the color of blood which represents life or then there is green which also represents life because of plants and vegetation so I am not sure..... Feeling a little inadequate at this point. LOL!
Brandy
Posted By: 2giftgirls Re: Kids say the darndest things... - 11/08/11 01:39 PM
My DD8 says black because it's all the colors together...and she doesn't mean like paints mixed together, but in the scientific, UV spectrum way, lol!
Posted By: DAD22 Re: Kids say the darndest things... - 11/08/11 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by 2giftgirls
My DD8 says black because it's all the colors together...and she doesn't mean like paints mixed together, but in the scientific, UV spectrum way, lol!

Black is the absence of light. White light contains all the colors.
Posted By: 2giftgirls Re: Kids say the darndest things... - 11/08/11 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by DAD22
Originally Posted by 2giftgirls

Black is the absence of light. White light contains all the colors.

I can't explain it as well as she does...I mean she gets that black is no "colored" lightwaves bouncing back at you...I guess it's a lot funnier when she says it wink
Posted By: bgbarnes Re: Kids say the darndest things... - 11/09/11 12:08 AM
Love it about Black!
I can't wait to get ds in the special accelerate school- he definitely needs it! I bet his current teacher would not understand what he said....
Brandy
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum