Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Wren A lot of firsts - 08/29/11 08:49 PM
I cannot believe this week. While we try and give our children experiences. Tuesday, earthquake. And since the beach house is high up on pilings we really felt it. Then we have to evacuate for hurricane in 5 days.

Luckily we did not lose power at the beach, though brother-in-law, at PA/DE border did Sat eve and still didn't have it on when we left at 10 am.

And then when we came back, seeing the beach all changed, and we went to the cove and found all these star fish, and crabs (the cove or dog beach was a magnificent ocean study).

Since I remember reading about hothousing before I left, I couldn't believe the opportunity to present all this stuff to a 6 year old. You cannot hot house this stuff.

Ren
Posted By: Val Re: A lot of firsts - 08/29/11 11:35 PM
I'm not really sure what you mean.
Posted By: GeoMamma Re: A lot of firsts - 08/30/11 12:40 AM
Wow!Good and bad, I think, but good on you for making the most of it!
Posted By: Ametrine Re: A lot of firsts - 08/30/11 12:51 AM

This is good advice:

Rahm Emanuel
Posted By: Wren Re: A lot of firsts - 08/30/11 08:56 AM
Val. I was jesting. Just sharing a hell of a week. But it was kind of learning thing since she had done earth events for a semester at science last year. They looked at the seismograph at the museum where earthquakes were happening or happened in the last day, the last 2 weeks, the last year etc. But to be in an earthquake...

Ren
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum