Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Grinity Love and Hugs to our New Zealand Members - 02/22/11 12:34 PM
Love and Hugs to any of our Members affected by the recent earthquake.
Love and More Love,
Grinity
Posted By: vicam Re: Love and Hugs to our New Zealand Members - 02/22/11 12:46 PM
AMEN THEY ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS.
Posted By: JJsMom Re: Love and Hugs to our New Zealand Members - 02/22/11 01:10 PM
Yes. Thoughts are with you all!
hoping everyone is safe
Posted By: mnmom23 Re: Love and Hugs to our New Zealand Members - 02/22/11 01:24 PM
Sending our hopes for your safety and healing.
Posted By: Jedsmum Re: Love and Hugs to our New Zealand Members - 02/22/11 01:58 PM
Thanks everyone - writing through a haze of tears, can't sleep, every time I doze off we get another aftershock. Just when my nerves were getting back to normal.

Once again we have been so lucky - the hardest part was trying to get to the school, normally a 10 min run from my work took an hour. DS was very upset and is worried about going back to school but as that won't be today we'll cross that bridge later.

The business is fine too (coffee house)and so long as we get our coffee delivery we should be able to keep going although we may run out of food as the supplier has no water or power. We will probably be busy as after the last one people needed to be around others just for comfort and of course the caffeine helps.

I'm keeping everything crossed for those still buried and pray they all get out alive. Wish us luck and an end to the rumbling.
Jedsmum - I'm so glad your family is safe, though shaken in every possible sense of the word. Sending my positive thoughts for everyone.
Going through a natural disaster of that magnitude is just wrenching in every way. I hope that the aftershocks will subside soon so that everyone can begin to get much-needed rest in order to deal with the aftermath.

It's so hard when it doesn't yet seem to be "after"-math. {{hugs}}
Posted By: Jedsmum Re: Love and Hugs to our New Zealand Members - 02/22/11 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
It's so hard when it doesn't yet seem to be "after"-math. {{hugs}}

That is so spot-on. We had just got to the stage where we were all happy to go back into the city and just last week had a 're-run' of boxing day sales which were a huge success and just last week I wondered around the shopping area on a lovely sunny day feeling very optomistic that life was looking up and the businesses would all recover. Now I'm just a bit numb and can't believe that now it is so much worse. It will take a lot more time now for confidence to return again, even though Cantabrians are born tough here this will rock most.

DS has slept so today will be interesting to see how he is processing it all.

Thanks for all your hugs and wishes Sxx
Posted By: Grinity Re: Love and Hugs to our New Zealand Members - 03/06/11 02:41 PM
Here's a link to a facebook page for all who are interested in sending hugs more widely;

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kindness-in-a-shaken-city/113462688730814?ref=ts
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum