Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
I know we will get some fun anwsers.
Ha ha we're so generic. Wyatt's wolverine, Espy's cinderella, Louie's a priest with a flask hidden in a hollow bible (how he doesn't burst into flames for dressing like that, I don't know), I'm going as a Mexican dancer; I don't know if my dress is Flamengo or Salsa. We're bringing a few dozen krispy kreme donuts to the party.
Mr W loves spiders right now. We spend hours looking at them on the internet.

DW got him a spider man outfit and no doubt he will sleep in it for several nights.

DW has a really nice cop outfit, but at 7.5 mos, she cannot fit into it.

A few friends put together a block party every year. Shots or beer for the adults and candy for the kids. It is wildly popular with the dads. Sometimes the kids will tell them, "This the the fourth time I've been here tonight."

DS is 5 and is going to be a train conductor but also torn because he wants to be cool so he's going to be a train conductor/vampire.
DD8 was going to be Anne of Green Gables or Laura Ingalls, then changed her mind yesterday and decided to be a cowgirl. She was going through her closet and decided that her cowboy boots looked lonely because she hadn't worn them in a while....

DS2 is going to be Thomas the Tank Engine. Big surprise!!
Originally Posted by graceful mom
DS is 5 and is going to be a train conductor but also torn because he wants to be cool so he's going to be a train conductor/vampire.

So he's going to Take the Type-A Train? laugh

mm
DS5 is going as Luigi & DD7 is going as a vampire
DD 9 is Coraline (from the movie of the same title) and DS 7 is a ninja.
Well, DS8 is mainstream this year at last, as he fell in love with the Luigi costume when he saw it in Walmart and it swayed him from his idea of scientist.

DD4 is a Hello Kitty ballerina, which I had to make and it turned out great despite my infrequent sewing practice.
DS6 is going as Mario - he LOVES Mario smile and DD5 is going as a witch. She loves her costume and is happy to be a witch for the first time. She was going to be Princess Peach but at the last minute changed her mind.
One of the boys is planning on being Mario (my partner's son) and mine as Harry Potter (though Luigi came a close second). Unfortunately half of us has come down with a stomach bug so I doubt we will be doing anything now, we were going to go to the Boo at the Zoo party.
My daughter has decided to go trick or treating one last time before she becomes a teenager. She's going as a giant political advertisement.

Boodle, my 11 month old, will be a dragon for his first Halloween.
DD11 will dress up to hand out candy but doesn't want to trick-or-treat herself. She will be a singer from Abba after watching Mamma Mia a million times. Last year she was Jane Goodall and had to explain who she was to everyone. She thought a 60s theme would need less explanation.

DS5 will be someone from Star Wars. He has about 3-4 choices that I bought after Halloween last year. He loves to dress up in various costumes throughout the year. So far he wore his Boba Fett (sp?) costume to school.

Jen
DS1 will be a lion who "Miaaaaaaaoooooo"s.

It's his first trick-or-treat wink

-Mich
Originally Posted by Mommy2myEm
Last year she was Jane Goodall and had to explain who she was to everyone. She thought a 60s theme would need less explanation.

I wish her luck with that! smile
DS7 is going to be Harry Potter. DD4 is going to be Hermione. This is the first year they've chosen "themed" costumes - we recently started reading the books and they both fell in love with them.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum