Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Annetta Roselyn Hello = ] - 06/27/10 08:45 PM
Hello, everyone!

My name is Annetta Roselyn, but you can call me Annetta. wink I'm on this because I might be gifted, and because my sister (Violet) is twice-exceptional, and it's fun to talk about her like that. smile Not in the bad way!
I like things like anime, manga, writing (I'm on julnowrimo and nanowrimo-ywp), drawing, painting (or "The Arts" as my sister calls them wink ), and other stuff...:) But I don't like math!!! I'm horrible at it!! (I always just manage to pass with B's and C's in it. wink )
I keep wondering if I'm gifted. smile Violet says you don't mind if I ask, so I'll just ask!! I think I might be gifted because...uh, well...I catch onto things fast, I have a long attention span (on things I'm interested in), I'm sensitive (Violet says that's a gifted-characteristics; research smile ), I'm very curious (there's this character in a book who's very curious, and one of my friends told me that I'm the name of that person), I'm a perfectionist (sort of), I'm energetic (at times, mostly around Violet), people say that I'm really funny (at times), I read a lot, I like justice :), (sometimes) I'm mature, I'm an observer (in second grade, I called it "looking"), I have a vivid imagination (sometimes), and I'm creative (a lot).
Well, I'm not gifted, because I don't have a long-range memory, and my non-official IQ tests tell me that I'm very, very, VERY, dumb (not 20, but, like, 60 or something :P ), and in my gifted math class, I'm not good (D in 4th quarter, but B's in the rest), in the gifted reading class, I'm always a few points from perfect frown , and, well, I can't think of anything else. frown I just don't feel gifted! frown

Thanks! And hello everyone! smile
Annetta
Posted By: jesse Re: Hello = ] - 06/29/10 02:15 AM
Hello! Welcome! Maybe you're gifted in the arts. wink
Posted By: onthegomom Re: Hello = ] - 06/29/10 04:23 AM
I think it's more important to just be you and not worry about being gifted or not. If you are learning and being challenged enough in school you are doing great. I've been reading a book about learning. Believe in yourself and keep working your brain and persistent will take you where you want to go. It's more about what you do with what you have.

I hope I'm not sounding to preachy. I just want to encourage you.

There is lots of ideas and help here to encourage learning and social situations. Welcome.
Posted By: Violet Re: Hello = ] - 06/29/10 05:32 PM
Hey, Annetta! It's me! wink I'm pretty sure you are gifted (at least moderately) in writing. I've been struggling with thoughts of being an imposter (imposter syndrome), but I realize that I'm gifted, too, and that I don't need a test to prove it!
Posted By: Annetta Roselyn Re: Hello = ] - 06/29/10 07:34 PM
jesse: Hello! Yes, that is a possibility. smile
onthegomom: You're right. smile And hello!
Violet: Heyy! smile That's a possiblity, too! I have a lot of your genes. wink Good! laugh

© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum