Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: mnmom23 Sure Sign of Success - 06/04/10 04:49 PM
DD8 was accelerated to 4th grade this year, and we knew it was a great fit. But the other day her class voted on classmates in various categories such as hardest worker, best reader, smartest, funniest, best athlete, etc. and DD was voted HAPPIEST! She wasn't voted smartest, which I think is great, because even though she's still one of the top few students, she no longer stands out as head and shoulders above the rest (and clearly the other kids either don't know or care that she's so much younger than they are). She fits in, is learning new things, and is happy! What could be better than that?!
Posted By: Katelyn'sM om Re: Sure Sign of Success - 06/04/10 04:59 PM
Great post mnmom23! And I totally agree ... this is what we all want: to find a place where our children fit in and are happy. Kudos to you for advocating for your daughter and now you are seeing the positive of all of this.
Posted By: JJsMom Re: Sure Sign of Success - 06/04/10 05:08 PM
That's awesome! smile
Posted By: BonusMom Re: Sure Sign of Success - 06/04/10 05:15 PM
How wonderful! The very best prize ever! smile
Posted By: ColinsMum Re: Sure Sign of Success - 06/04/10 07:38 PM
That's lovely! At least assuming your DD agrees that she's a good candidate for "happiest", and it sounds as though she does.
Posted By: Tiz Re: Sure Sign of Success - 06/04/10 07:50 PM
That's great! When they are happy everything else falls into place smile
Posted By: Nautigal Re: Sure Sign of Success - 06/09/10 02:07 AM
I sure wish my DS7 could win that award someday!
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: Sure Sign of Success - 06/09/10 02:44 AM
That's awesome! I can't think of a better award for an accelerated child than "Happiest." Wonderful!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum