Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Richard44 Gifted Girlfriend - 05/21/10 09:34 PM

My girlfriend is a gifted adult (I'm not) and she is experimenting personal problems. She doesn't want to talk about it, she doesn't want to see me and refuses any help. Before, she was very open and talkative.
I am worried.
Do you tend to isolation when you feel bad? What should I do?
Posted By: no5no5 Re: Gifted Girlfriend - 05/21/10 09:43 PM
I don't think that this is related to her intelligence level. If you are worried about her and she doesn't want to talk to you, perhaps you should try asking a friend or relative for advice.
Posted By: Richard44 Re: Gifted Girlfriend - 05/21/10 09:58 PM
Thank You for your answer. I thought so because otherwise I don't know how to explain such a sudden change from openness to isolation, and I have read that they are very emotional and their emotions can change quickly.
Posted By: elh0706 Re: Gifted Girlfriend - 05/25/10 03:03 PM
I second No5no5's suggestion to talk to others close to you.

Without more information, it is hard to say if she may have a pattern of withdrawing into herself when she has problems or if it may be specific to this situation. By the time we are adults many of our reactions to situations are ingrained in our behaviours whether we are gifted or not. I agree that in some cases, the gifted may be or appear to be more emotional since some issues may resonate on a different level than intended.

I certainly wish both of you the best!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum