Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: BigBadWool Columbus Ohio - 04/28/10 09:36 PM
Anyone know how I could find out if there are any gifted elementary schools. We may be moving there within the next year or two and I want to be prepared. I have nothing where I am and I can't believe I will be moving to another place with nothing! After googling the closest I am finding is Cincinnati. 8(
TIA!
Posted By: Chrys Re: Columbus Ohio - 04/28/10 10:09 PM
I live in Columbus. I don't know of any gifted schools - if there are any, they are hiding. What ages are your kiddos? We have had pretty good success with a private school (dd is dys and 7yo). PM me and I can give you more info. Good luck!
Posted By: BigBadWool Re: Columbus Ohio - 04/29/10 01:42 PM
Oh man that stinks 8(
The Ohio home school rules are MUCH stricter than Indiana too.

My DS is 4.5 and is too young for the cut off here for K so he doesn't go for another year+

Posted By: vicam Re: Columbus Ohio - 04/29/10 04:36 PM
I know for private schools the two best are "columbus school for girls" near BBexley and Columbus Academy sued to be for boys but now integrated. It is on east side near Gahanna or Westerville.There is also a small private school theat I think is called Wellington school. There are no gifted only that I know of. If I lived closer to Columbus Academy would be my choice.
Posted By: Chrys Re: Columbus Ohio - 04/29/10 06:19 PM
You can homeschool in OH. Most of the PG kids I know of in Columbus do.

St Joseph Montessori comes to mind as well as another option for k-8.

DD had an excellent k year at Ecole Francaise. They accelerated her from k to 3rd in math. She was in a class of 10 kids, most where in first, so it was perfect for her. The school is relatively small. There is a mixed ages elementary class. Its much more modest in cost and doesn't have the bells and whistles as where she is now, but for prek/k it was perfect.

Posted By: BigBadWool Re: Columbus Ohio - 04/30/10 02:44 AM
Thank you so much!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum