Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Slackenerny Games For Gifted Pre-Schoolers - 12/11/09 11:53 AM
Our DD3.11 learnt how to use a computer and mouse around her 3rd birthday and has been playing bits of computer games ever since. Her favourite for a while has been Poisson Rouge but she's grown beyond that now.

She spent a while playing the puzzle game World of Goo, but lately has been getting upset by some of the melancholic imagery in it. It's emotionally too complex for her to process but responds to it anyway so we've had to shelve that for a while.

Does anyone know of other good computer games or sites like Poisson Rouge (but at a higher level) that would be appropriate? She's just finishing her letters and starting to read at the moment, so full reading is still probably 6 months ahead.
Posted By: MsFriz Re: Games For Gifted Pre-Schoolers - 12/11/09 02:54 PM
Have you tried Starfall.com?
Posted By: no5no5 Re: Games For Gifted Pre-Schoolers - 12/11/09 03:16 PM
My daughter adores Boowa & Kwala, but she also still likes Poisson Rouge. I'm not sure what would really be a higher level but not require reading.
Posted By: BigBadWool Re: Games For Gifted Pre-Schoolers - 12/11/09 04:30 PM
starfall is great, my DS (4y3mo) also likes all the TV station games. I have them all bookmarked for him. Disney, nickelodeon, pbskids, nickjr (formerly noggin) etc. There are a lots of fun games on there.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum