Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: CourtneyB Snap Circuits? - 12/08/09 11:34 PM
Anyone have these and if so what 'version'? I have been going back and forth on whether to get some for DS5 but don't know whether to start with the smallest one(SC100) or buy one of the bigger ones(SC300, SC500).

If anyone's kids have them I'd love to hear how they like them smile
Posted By: MAE Re: Snap Circuits? - 12/08/09 11:59 PM
I would suggest starting with the smaller set. My DS then 5 was on a Snap Circuit kick for awhile but didn't get through 100 projects before receiving another set after turning 6.
Posted By: kimck Re: Snap Circuits? - 12/09/09 12:02 AM
We have the SC300 set and we LOVE it! DS9 is constantly experimenting with them and DD5 is getting interested too. We homeschool, so I "count" snap circuits as science curriculum. We've definitely gotten out plenty of use out of our bigger set and they're likely to be interesting for a while. We've had our set a few years and they still come out on a regular basis.
Posted By: sittin pretty Re: Snap Circuits? - 12/10/09 05:07 AM
We started with the SC100 and we (the whole fam) loved it. DS is getting SC300 for Christmas. Wow, that Santa sure knows how to make a kid happy!

SC100 will last you for a while if you are trying to be budget conscious. Can't comment on SC300 yet but the package looks enticing.
Posted By: Nautigal Re: Snap Circuits? - 12/10/09 05:14 AM
All good stuff to know--we got DS7 the 300 set for Christmas, so we'll see how he does with it.

© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum