Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: st pauli girl Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/09/09 03:15 PM
From TMBG's new Here Comes Science DVD/CD: Meet the Elements video

Posted By: CAMom Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/09/09 03:34 PM
Our CD shipped from amazon yesterday, DS has been literally counting the days!
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/09/09 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by CAMom
Our CD shipped from amazon yesterday, DS has been literally counting the days!

Mine shipped yesterday too! I've kept it a surprise from DS5 so far.
Posted By: onthegomom Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/09/09 03:50 PM
wow that is great!!! Last year my ds9 wanted to do an independent study for school and was considering chemistry. I said, I really don't know if it's too hard but he could ask the gifted teacher. He choose something else instead. I'm going to show that video to him. He will love it. thanks
Posted By: JBDad Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/09/09 05:27 PM
Zeeerroooo .... mean so much
In numbers big (one million) to small (one millionth)
And the number that means nothing at all (the number zero)

... sorry. Current big hit at our house right now. Guess we're going to have to check this out!

Thanks!

JB
Posted By: CAMom Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/09/09 06:12 PM
The NO! album is also a big hit in my house right now. Complete with a costume for singing "Robot Parade."

I should not have laughed when DS said to his art teacher "I am not your broom!" after being asked to clean up a mess that wasn't his. But it was funny... she didn't get it.
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/09/09 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by CAMom
I should not have laughed when DS said to his art teacher "I am not your broom!" after being asked to clean up a mess that wasn't his. But it was funny... she didn't get it.

laugh I love it!
Posted By: JBDad Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/10/09 02:00 AM
True story: I get home and tell DW about the new TMBG cd/DVD and she says "yes, we just got it, it sitting one the table I just haven't opened it yet" (!)

I'm *ahem* previewing it I type this. It's excellent! (random note: alwaysbeen a TMBG fan and saw them live at a small venue in the 90s. Smart, talented group.)

JB
Posted By: Kriston Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/10/09 05:18 AM
Yup, I was a TMBG fan back in the day. I was thrilled when I realized they were making witty, fun kids music.

You might like "Trout Fishing in America," too. For example, they have a tango (which is, after all, the dance of desire...) called "Mine!" that is a hoot:

I know you want it,
And I really can't blame you.
You'd like to touch it,
But if you do,
I'll maim you!

HI-larious! Perhaps not quite so educational as TMBG, but loads of fun for adults and kids.

http://www.troutmusic.com/
Posted By: Belle Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/10/09 05:24 AM
Oh goodness - my DS6 LOVED the 123 soundtrack by TMBG - all I can say is that I know all the words to each of the songs on that soundtrack because I think my car CD player had it on constant play for like 6 months. He's going to flip when he finds out there is a new one :-) Thanks!
Posted By: momx2 Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/13/09 03:02 PM
We love TMBG and I confess, I have often played their kiddie CDs even when the kids are not in the car! We got the first one when DS8 was only 2 from my sis. Fabulous and fun! Also love TMBGs adult fare (I'm a fan from w-a-y back). I am thrilled that they are tackling science. It is a fun way to reinforce concepts for the kiddos.

I wanted to recommend another elements game that we received last Fall. It has been mentioned before on this Board but deserves another mention:
Elementeo (a fun, periodic table based Board game)
Game Link

The game was created by a youngster who conceived the notion when he was in 4th grade! Additionally, he was named as one of 2009 Davidson Fellows and received a $25K scholarship. Davidson Fellows

At any rate, my DS8 enjoys this game and it has been a hit at his school as well.
Posted By: Botchan Re: Fun TMBG Elements video - 09/13/09 08:51 PM
Thanks for posting the site! My son and I just watched the Elements video clip, and we love it!!!! It reminds me of my favorite TV show "Big Bang Theory" theme song by Barenaked Ladies.

I am going to order it right now!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum