Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: quietandcurious DYS application help - 06/21/18 06:55 PM
I sent in my son's application for DYS. I received a form and so did the nominator and both have been submitted back. Was my husband also supposed to receive a Parent form? He didn't get an email from DYS. Help please? Thank you!
Posted By: indigo Re: DYS application help - 06/21/18 07:15 PM
Yes.

When did you apply?

You might want to double-check the following on the DYS Application webpage...

- Step 2: Checklist
ensure that you provided your spouse's details, typed the e-mail address correctly, etc

- Step 3: FAQs
ensure that the automatic e-mail to your spouse did not go to spam.

- Step 5: Verify that you are receiving e-mails

- Bottom line: "If your question is not answered in the FAQs, please email ysapplications@davidsongifted.org. Emails will be answered within three to five business days. "

BTW, It is my understanding that in the event of any errors/delays, the worst case scenario is just that the application gets pushed to the next month. So not too bad.
Posted By: quietandcurious Re: DYS application help - 06/21/18 07:47 PM
Thanks a lot, Indigo. I applied on Monday and received an email immediately. I must have typed my husband's email incorrectly. I sent DYS an email about it as well. Doesn't look like there is a way for me to modify the application online.
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: DYS application help - 06/21/18 10:05 PM
If you sent an email, they will get back to you. My husband accidentally deleted the email. We had to request another form be sent,
Posted By: quietandcurious Re: DYS application help - 06/21/18 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by frannieandejsmom
If you sent an email, they will get back to you. My husband accidentally deleted the email. We had to request another form be sent,

They did. They resent the form. Thank you!
Posted By: quietandcurious Re: DYS application help - 07/31/18 04:32 AM
Hi! Hope everyone's doing well.

I received an email in the end of June informing us that my son's application would be reviewed in July. I haven't heard back from them this month. Does that mean the application was rejected?
Posted By: indigo Re: DYS application help - 07/31/18 01:15 PM
LOL, no, it means the month of July is not over. The Davidson people are very busy... with schedules filled to overflowing with tasks to complete in support of profoundly gifted children and their families... as well as the gifted community in general (via Davidson Database, this forum, and more).

The Davidson staff tend to be excellent with communications and managing expectations. It is my understanding that when a child does not qualify for DYS, a very supportive letter is sent.
Posted By: quietandcurious Re: DYS application help - 08/03/18 04:02 PM
Haha Thanks Indigo! I just got a little anxious. The acceptance email came the same day. We are thrilled!
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: DYS application help - 08/03/18 06:10 PM
congrats!
Posted By: ss62 Re: DYS application help - 08/03/18 11:13 PM
Congratulations
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum