Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: frannieandejsmom DYS application - 04/28/18 09:17 PM
is in.Let the wait begin. I'm pretty positive they will ask for more information as I only had the letter the school district sent us with his scores.
Posted By: Cnm Re: DYS application - 04/29/18 05:41 AM
Ours are in this month too (for DD9 and DS8). I've procrastinated them for more than a year because their scores are just barely below the cut off (3 points for DD, 4 for DS). Extremely anxious to find out what they say.
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: DYS application - 04/29/18 03:18 PM
good luck!
Posted By: Ben's Mom Re: DYS application - 05/29/18 09:13 PM
We just sent our application in. Have you heard back yet? Wondering if it takes the full month.
Posted By: Ben's Mom Re: DYS application - 06/29/18 04:55 PM
any news? We were 4pts below but got denied. We will try re-applying with more supplemental information and better portfolio.
Posted By: Cnm Re: DYS application - 06/29/18 11:31 PM
We got requests for more information for both kids. I haven't resubmitted yet... waiting on a neurologist appointment for DS and DD is taking a CTY writing class this summer, so I'm hoping to use some of that writing for her portfolio.
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: DYS application - 06/30/18 12:04 AM
Ds12 is in. We received the email on Monday. He had qualifying scores.
Posted By: Ben's Mom Re: DYS application - 06/30/18 02:56 AM
Good luck. We hope to re-apply in a little while. We may do a CTY class also, and see how that goes. He’s only second grade so his school work doesn’t show his level appropriately. Especially since his handwriting is so poor.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum