Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Andreap Mensa / Annual gathering for GY - 04/18/18 08:38 PM
My 7 year old is part of Mensa and there is an annual gathering coming up ( our first one ) . We would have to travel from CA to Indianapolis. I was wondering if anyone here had experience with their "Spark" program at the conference. Is it worth to travel across the country for her to experience it ?

Thanks
Posted By: philly103 Re: Mensa / Annual gathering for GY - 04/20/18 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Andreap
My 7 year old is part of Mensa and there is an annual gathering coming up ( our first one ) . We would have to travel from CA to Indianapolis. I was wondering if anyone here had experience with their "Spark" program at the conference. Is it worth to travel across the country for her to experience it ?

Thanks

On a broader note - do you find Mensa valuable for your 7 year old? I'd considered it for my 4.yo. son but wasn't sure if we'd make use of it.
Posted By: Dude Re: Mensa / Annual gathering for GY - 04/21/18 01:35 AM
I was invited as a guest to an AG once many years ago. I was in my mid-20s, and everyone else was at least twice my age. I'd be very interested to know if the dynamics have changed. My DD has also inquired about them.
Posted By: Andreap Re: Mensa / Annual gathering for GY - 04/22/18 03:50 PM
My daughter just joint a couple months ago. Some cities have coordinators just 4-12 years olds. They plan playdates, meetings , game nights etc... but we haven't participated it yet. The website has funs games and a kids newsletter. I ll let you know if we find another benefit .
Posted By: Andreap Re: Mensa / Annual gathering for GY - 04/22/18 03:58 PM
They have a separate area just for 4-12 years olds during the conference. It's call "Spark". https://ag.us.mensa.org/pages/programming/gifted-youth-programs/ here is the information.
Posted By: philly103 Re: Mensa / Annual gathering for GY - 04/22/18 04:35 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Posted By: Dude Re: Mensa / Annual gathering for GY - 04/22/18 04:38 PM
Andreap: Please do keep us updated on your experiences, then.
Posted By: Andreap Re: Mensa / Annual gathering for GY - 04/23/18 12:04 AM
I will !
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum