Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: echofuzz Hello! - 12/14/17 06:12 PM
hi, all.

i've already posted a couple times, and i thought maybe i should be polite and introduce myself. i'm momma to a quirky, funny, sensitive, almost 8 yo boy who's been keeping me on my toes his entire life. he has a voracious mental appetite, especially with regard to numbers and science, and we feed his brain as much as possible. sometimes i feel like he got stuck in the "why?" stage. he's lucky in that his father and i can provide him with a lot the information he's seeking. or, at the very least, we can help direct him to the right resources. i've found parenting him to be a lot of fun, very enlightening, and also incredibly hard work. and i've enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

i've visited this forum in the past but didn't join in until recently. mostly i joined because my son's in 2nd grade, and i've spent the last two years working to get him appropriate work, with limited success. (though things seem to be looking up, as his permanent teacher just returned from maternity leave and is wonderful with him. thank goodness.) i've already gotten great responses to my inquiries/posts. and i'm hoping i can be helpful to others, as well.

thank you! smile
Posted By: puffin Re: Hello! - 12/15/17 10:41 PM
Welcome. Limited success is really an achievement.
Posted By: atticcat Re: Hello! - 12/16/17 04:00 AM
Welcome
Posted By: echofuzz Re: Hello! - 12/18/17 02:25 PM
Thanks, all!
Posted By: mecreature Re: Hello! - 12/18/17 04:01 PM
Welcome!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum