Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Raevyn Book Recommendations For All Ages - 04/13/16 07:59 PM
Hi. As a twice exceptional student who loves reading, I'd like to recommend books for gifted kids--or anyone else. Feel free to post your own, too!
I just finished "Boys Without Names" by Kashmira Sheth. It's a fictional story about a sweatshop in India. I saw a review that called it good for "advanced fourth graders" and up. smile
Posted By: ElizabethN Re: Book Recommendations For All Ages - 04/13/16 09:43 PM
There are a set of five book recommendation threads in the Recommended Resources forum, sorted by age. I recommend that you post in the appropriate one of those threads.
Posted By: Raevyn Re: Book Recommendations For All Ages - 04/13/16 09:45 PM
Sorry. I saw those after this was posted.
Posted By: indigo Re: Book Recommendations For All Ages - 04/13/16 10:44 PM
Welcome, Raevyn! You mention being a twice-exceptional student. Please know that most members of these forums are not students but are parents, teachers, professionals, and other adults. Depending upon your age, if you've not already obtained the permission of your parent(s)/guardian(s) to be on these forums, you may wish to have that conversation with them.

The Recommended Resources forum has "sticky" threads which stay near the top of the forum list so they are always easy to find, for both forum members and non-members.

Forum members have been contributing to crowd-sourced lists for of Recommended Books for these age ranges:

0-2

3-5

6-8

9-12

13+

Because the book you recommended is described as being for "advanced fourth graders and up", it seems to fit into the thread for ages 9-12.
Posted By: Raevyn Re: Book Recommendations For All Ages - 04/13/16 11:25 PM
Thanks. smile
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum