Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: indigo TV show Master Chef Junior - 02/03/15 04:32 PM
Similar to the thread on the Lifetime show Child Genuis...
has anyone seen the TV show Master Chef Junior? Thoughts?

Personally, I find these kids to be impressive! The overall atmosphere of Master Chef Junior seems both challenging and positive. There is no footage of tiger parents, helicopter parents, or vanity parenting. These are not hot-housed kids or trophy kids. Their internal drive and motivation, autonomy, and love of their craft is apparent. They are kind and supportive of their fellow contestants, and in many cases also able to see and accept when their own performance falls short. They are delightful kids, and I enjoy watching Master Chef Junior when I happen to see it.
Posted By: ultramarina Re: TV show Master Chef Junior - 02/03/15 05:17 PM
My daughter loves this show. It;s the only network TV we watch. The kids are obviously gifted, but I suspect a good deal of it is staged or at least heavily supported by off-camera assistance.
Posted By: Peter Re: TV show Master Chef Junior - 02/03/15 05:42 PM
Our family enjoyed watching both shows. My DW wish the Master Chef Junior will inspire our DDs to cook. So far, except from occasional baking pastries/cookies, bake potatoes, fried eggs, and mac n cheese, they are not interested.

Child Genius is sort of different. It doesn't inspire us. Instead, it give us, the parents, what to avoid. My DDs like to critic the parenting styles of the participants. And they sympathize the kids on the show and we have been following the show.
Posted By: daytripper75 Re: TV show Master Chef Junior - 02/03/15 08:13 PM
We enjoy this one too! We are also loving "The Great British Baking Show" on PBS. Clean, family fun!
Posted By: Magenta Re: TV show Master Chef Junior - 02/04/15 07:28 PM
I love Master Chef Junior! I think there is little doubt that most of the kids are gifted. Especially the 8, 9 and 10 year olds. They're also unbelievably cute!
Posted By: polarbear Re: TV show Master Chef Junior - 02/04/15 10:03 PM
Totally *totally* love Master Chef Junior and The Great British Baking Show smile

polarbear
Posted By: Mahagogo5 Re: TV show Master Chef Junior - 02/04/15 11:06 PM
try the great british sewing bee - completely positive and no drama. Love it.

Haven't seen the masterchef kids one, I got put off by the extreme drama in the adult version. I might check it out, though honestly I'm frightened of what might happen if DD stumbles across it.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum