Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: ColinsMum Future-proofing contact - 11/10/14 08:10 AM
It has occurred to me that there are many people here I would be sorry to lose contact with and whom I couldn't contact outside this forum. I've created a new email address - my username, followed by 2, at google's mail service - for the purpose and put it in the public email slot of my profile (in the slightly encoded form I just gave, in the hope that the automatic spambots don't pick it up!)

If you feel the same, consider doing similarly, and saying here that you've done so? Remember that everything here is completely public - but gmail makes it easy to create a new address and have it forward to your real one, and I daresay the other free services do too.
Posted By: CoastalMom Re: Future-proofing contact - 11/10/14 08:24 AM
I value your comments, ColinsMum, and wouldn't want to lose them. Thank you for setting up an alternate contact system. I've set up the same style of email, with 21, since 2 was taken (and here I thought I'd have a lock on such a cheesy user name!).
Posted By: ColinsMum Re: Future-proofing contact - 11/10/14 08:34 AM
Got it :-) I don't see it on your profile though - just checking, do you see my email info on mine? (If you left click on my name to the left of this post, and choose View Profile, that is.) What I did to add mine: click on My Stuff in the top bar, choose Edit Profile, and put content into the Public Email Address slot. I've just this minute put the same information into my sig, experimentally; that might annoy me and I might turn it off, though.
Posted By: CoastalMom Re: Future-proofing contact - 11/10/14 08:39 AM
Yours shows up & I've added mine to my profile (I think/hope!).
Posted By: aquinas Re: Future-proofing contact - 11/10/14 02:15 PM
Aquinas7711 at gmail dot com
Posted By: madeinuk Re: Future-proofing contact - 11/11/14 11:00 PM
I am probably faster on the trigger than most with a strong/polemic statement so I fully expect to be erased at some point by Die Gendankenpolizei.

My email address is: madeinuk@aol.com
Posted By: MegMeg Re: Future-proofing contact - 11/12/14 02:10 AM
Okay, weirdly, my post about liking the user interface of this forum has been deleted, with no explanation.
Posted By: aquinas Re: Future-proofing contact - 11/12/14 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by MegMeg
Okay, weirdly, my post about liking the user interface of this forum has been deleted, with no explanation.

It's still there.

http://giftedissues.davidsongifted.org/BB/ubbthreads.php/topics/205451/1.html
Posted By: MegMeg Re: Future-proofing contact - 11/12/14 04:47 AM
Oh, oops, different thread. Yeesh.
Posted By: arlen1 Re: Future-proofing contact - 11/12/14 04:05 PM
arlen1: 'lowflyer006 at gmail dot com'.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum