Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: sunnyday Introduction - 11/09/14 04:09 AM
I thought before I dove in I'd post a quick note by way of polite greeting.

I am a SAHM to two kids, aged 5.5 and 8, in kindergarten and second grade at the local public school. I've posted on the WTM forums for a year or so now.

My kids are decidedly accelerated beyond the typical classroom offerings at my small elementary school. However, I am very uncertain about whether they would test in a gifted IQ range -- nonetheless we are currently in the process of getting DS8 evaluated for the district's new gifted & talented program, so these concerns are very much on my mind right now. So...I might have questions cropping up shortly!

Off to read more of the boards...
Posted By: Barbus Re: Introduction - 11/11/14 04:22 AM
Glad to have you. There are plenty of threads to keep you occupied!
Posted By: gabalyn Re: Introduction - 11/11/14 11:49 AM
Welcome! I was a nervous wreck around getting mine tested.
Posted By: sunnyday Re: Introduction - 11/12/14 05:11 AM
Thanks, all! This is the district's first year offering a G&T program so it's been a pretty muddled time getting all the testing done. The process started last June. But at this point ITBS, probably CogAT (the district said that was the ability test they'd use and DS said there were questions about extending patterns?), and a SIGS survey are all complete so now it's just waiting for results I suppose. No idea what to expect (the district stated they want to see 95th percentile on all three assessments to qualify, which I feel might be a bit of a high bar, but what do I know?)
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum