Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Snori74 Hardcore computer nerd in the family? - 07/23/13 05:41 AM
I'd be keen to sponser (ie no cost to you) a couple of gifted through one of the upcoming month-long online courses that I run. These are on setting up Linux Internet servers and require one hours work per weekday. This is more like programming - it's all simple text - and very far from game playing but for the right GT person this "quirkiness" will be a plus - as I probably don't need to tell you if you have a DD/DS who fits! The course is specifically designed for those with no Linux background, but interest and aptitude is of course needed. Reply/discuss here or send me a Private Message.
Posted By: highwinds Re: Hardcore computer nerd in the family? - 07/31/13 06:57 PM
I'm intrigued. I have a EG/PG 15 year old who is a major computer nerd. Has been using the computer since he was a year old. At one he was changing my screen savers and playing computer games. At two he was ordering toys off the internet with my credit card and without my knowledge and having them shipped to our house LOL. He is planning on enrolling in a computer science program for college (he will be a junior this year). Can you inbox me more information? Thanks!
Posted By: epoh Re: Hardcore computer nerd in the family? - 07/31/13 08:35 PM
That sounds awesome! We've basically already been doing this with our DS9 - My hubby bought a couple of Raspberry Pis and some "extras" to go with it (a breadboard and whatnot). My son informed his grandfather that his favorite thing so far was learning 'vi'. hahahahaha
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum