Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Hi,
DS, 11.5., has always shown amazing and innate leadership potential and really big "out-of-the-box" thinking. We are looking for some interesting biographies - probably business-oriented or about entrepreneurs or engineers or big thinkers who were/are doers. Does anyone have recommendations?
Thanks!
hi Nicoleva!

my kid really enjoyed Me to We: Finding Meaning in a Material World, by Craig Kielburger. it may not be your son's cup of tea, but it's about a 12 year old kid who had a big idea and made it a reality when he was literally a child. it's more on the social change side than the business side, but it may be worth a look.
wow! This is a great question and one that really brings back the memories.

Back in the 1970s, at that age, we had a tiny branch library about three blocks from our home. It was a very quiet, little used library and had some old books in it, including a large set of biographies of famous men. Really something. John Wannamaker, George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, etc.; the series must've been done in the thirties or forties.

I'd recommend The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.
Actually it sounds perfect - thanks! We have a family member who's well known on the social change side of things and is herself a great thinker, doer and leader, and it's a trait for DS that comes from both sides of the family.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum