Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: BWBShari Long time! - 04/10/13 05:44 PM
Just popped in and looked around! Lots of new faces and a few comfortably old ones! How is everybody?
Posted By: Nautigal Re: Long time! - 04/10/13 05:46 PM
Hey, Shari! How's it going?
Posted By: BWBShari Re: Long time! - 04/10/13 05:56 PM
Excellent! I hadn't realized how long it had been. I looked at my signature line and realized my kids were two years older! Oldest is a month from graduating, DS10 is all over the map (per usual) but doing really well. DS8 has finally figured out how to control his impulsive self and DS7 is still a mushball!
Posted By: BWBShari Re: Long time! - 04/10/13 06:08 PM
Hey MoN! Old home week....LOL
Posted By: BWBShari Re: Long time! - 04/10/13 06:41 PM
No worries.I'll send her a PM, if she wants to talk it's all good. The wicked smart ones are a PITA at that age!
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: Long time! - 04/10/13 07:22 PM
Hi Shari! Good to see you back here. smile My DS is now 9 and has a good school situation, with a grade skip plus a transfer to a school for HG kids. Things have changed since our "class" has gone from panicky parents who had no idea what we were going to do to less panicky parents who still don't have all the answers, but somehow it's better. smile
Posted By: BWBShari Re: Long time! - 04/16/13 06:17 PM
Hey SPG! Mine just turned 10, time flies! We too have left the panick behind. DS is in an awesome program.
Posted By: Grinity Re: Long time! - 04/16/13 08:07 PM
Hi Shari - great to see you!
Great to hear the good news, too.

DS16 is a Junior in High School, keeping me busy looking at Colleges. He finally has a school were he is liked by the teachers and busy with Extracurriculars and enjoys his peers!

I still don't have all the answers, but it looks like there is an answer from my DS16.
Smiles,
Grinity
Posted By: RobotMom Re: Long time! - 04/16/13 08:51 PM
Hi Shari! It is amazing how time flies isn't it?

My DD10 has been accepted at Davidson Academy so we're moving this summer - we are all super excited.

DD5 has finally allowed herself to learn to read and more, so her crazy mood swings have decreased as her appetite for knowledge is finally being somewhat satisfied. (Why is it an adult would put an age limit on learning things?)

Anyways, good to hear from you - glad things are going well.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum