Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: CSmith Introduction - 07/18/08 09:12 PM
I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have five children and we have homeschooled actively for the past 8 years. We recently had our oldest son tested for giftedness - not necessarily to prove it to ourselves, but to have the necessary documentation for applying to the many programs that are available out there. I am looking forward to learning more and getting to know all of you!

Corinna
Posted By: Cathy A Re: Introduction - 07/18/08 10:02 PM
Welcome! smile
Posted By: incogneato Re: Introduction - 07/18/08 10:52 PM
Hi!
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: Introduction - 07/18/08 11:02 PM
Hello! I hope you share ideas for HSing more than one kid and when you have toddlers in the house!
Posted By: Grinity Re: Introduction - 07/18/08 11:25 PM
Welcome CSmith!
How old is your oldest? What programs are he interested in? Is your local HS comunity accepting of your children's differences?
Smiles,
Grinity
Posted By: CSmith Re: Introduction - 07/18/08 11:31 PM
Hi to everyone too! My children are DS10, DD7, DD5, DSalmost3, and DS1. We pretty much are not involved at all with the local school district. HSing more than one is challenging - not too many dull moments - especially with the little ones around.

Corinna
Posted By: Grinity Re: Introduction - 07/18/08 11:33 PM
Wonderful!
Posted By: Lorel Re: Introduction - 07/19/08 12:45 PM
Corinna-

You'd fit right in in my circle- I have four kids, three of whom are currently learning at home. In my group, we're a medium sized family, as quite a few of my friends have five or six kids.

welcome to the board. I look forward to hearing more from you!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum