Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: frannieandejsmom kindle fire - 11/04/12 03:43 AM
I am looking for apps for dd just turned 9. Anyone have some good ones? She received the kindle last night for her birthday. Ds6 (almost 7) will also be receiving one for his birthday in a few weeks.
Posted By: epoh Re: kindle fire - 11/04/12 12:05 PM
what sort of apps are you looking for?
Posted By: Spkssftly Re: kindle fire - 11/04/12 01:31 PM
"Flow free" is fun, and an addictive puzzle solving game. "Where's my Water?" was also a hit with my boys (6 and 9 yr olds) Enjoy!
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: kindle fire - 11/04/12 02:13 PM
Spkssftly... We have the flow free on our Iphones lol. They LOVE it. We also already downloaded Where's my Water.

epoch.. I am looking for some educational and some fun. We have the parental controls, so she can't just load anything she wants.

When Ds gets his in a few weeks.. the games on it will be totally different as he actually likes khan academy and some of the obvious educational games . She does not.
Posted By: petunia Re: kindle fire - 11/04/12 02:58 PM
Not to change the subject, but I'm wondering what sort of parental controls the Kindle has?
Posted By: Mk13 Re: kindle fire - 11/04/12 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by petunia
Not to change the subject, but I'm wondering what sort of parental controls the Kindle has?

I'm wondering the same? I just got Kindle fire recently (the HD one for $199) and am planning on letting my boys use it (DS2.5 and DS4) but I haven't looked into any parental controls yet or anything.
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: kindle fire - 11/04/12 03:44 PM
you can control the amount of time the kids are on apps and reading. You can allow access to the features. (I cant give specifics right now because she is reading a book!)

And this is the kindle fire HD. I think it is the first kindle with the controls on it.
Posted By: Mk13 Re: kindle fire - 11/04/12 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by frannieandejsmom
you can control the amount of time the kids are on apps and reading. You can allow access to the features. (I cant give specifics right now because she is reading a book!)

And this is the kindle fire HD. I think it is the first kindle with the controls on it.

did you pay for getting rid of the ads?
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: kindle fire - 11/04/12 04:28 PM
no... the only ads I have seen are when you slide to unlock.. no big deal
Posted By: MagnaSky Re: kindle fire - 11/04/12 04:50 PM
Shaky Tower is a fun physics game, Take me Home is another one. Kids Connect the Dots is for very young kids, two version free and pay. Unblock Me FREE is a puzzle game.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum