Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: CCN Flashing e-mail icon - 11/04/12 02:41 AM
I have a website question... my e-mail envelope icon (on this website, just to be clear wink ) has been flashing since I signed up... even when I have no messages. Is this normal? I would think that a flashing icon means new mail but there is none. How do I fix this? (the flashing icon I mean - not the lack of new mail - ha ha ha)

Thanks smile
Posted By: Beckee Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/04/12 05:25 AM
Mine has been flashing for about a year and a half. They kept telling me that they're working on it, but I haven't brought it up since January.
Posted By: ColinsMum Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/04/12 07:53 AM
You PM Mark the moderator, and typically he fixes it. Sorry that hasn't worked for Beckee though!
Posted By: JonLaw Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/04/12 01:25 PM
I've given up on the flashing e-mail icon. It's been flashing since day 1.
Posted By: CCN Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/04/12 02:52 PM
Ok, good to know. Thanks everyone! I'll try ColinsMum's suggestion and if that doesn't work I won't worry about it.
Posted By: Mk13 Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/04/12 03:55 PM
ah! And I've been wondering the whole time about what I've been doing wrong!
Posted By: Evemomma Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/05/12 05:44 PM
I ignore mine also.
Posted By: ABQMom Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/05/12 06:11 PM
I feel so left out.
Posted By: Mark D. Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/05/12 07:44 PM
Hi everyone,

We've been waiting for our Bulletin Board providers (UBB Threads) to update to their next version, but it's been taking much longer than expected. Previously we were able to manually get in there via SQL to remove the flashing envelope, but it was finicky and caused the board to crash a few times, so we're trying to wait it out. As of now, all new users are likely experiencing the issue.

I apologize for the delay and annoyance, I'm sure many of you are tired of seeing that flashing envelope. I'll check with our IT team about anything pending.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Mark
Posted By: CCN Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/06/12 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by ABQMom
I feel so left out.

LOL smile
Posted By: CCN Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/06/12 10:44 PM
Mark - thanks for the update smile
Posted By: Jewel Re: Flashing e-mail icon - 11/07/12 03:16 AM
Yes, I've had the same issue since Day One and am also hoping it will be fixed soon!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum