Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: mojo Is there a "regions" section here? - 05/16/12 03:02 PM
I heard there is a "regions" section to ask for playdates in our area, but I can't seem to find it on the website.
Posted By: Mark D. Re: (NA) Is there a "regions" section here? - 05/16/12 05:26 PM
Hello - it is the bottom forum listed on the main page.
Posted By: mojo Re: (NA) Is there a "regions" section here? - 05/17/12 05:54 PM
I'm seeing "Age/Ability Specific forums" at the bottom of the main page. Sorry, I'm sure I'm being dense.
I just updated a setting that may have been causing this. Can you view it now?
If you're updating settings that are causing weird behavior, Mark, I'll hand you one more - within the Age/Ability Specific Forums, I cannot see updated threads in the Elementary School category. I can see them over on the right in the recently updated threads box, but they don't appear when I click on that forum. The others all seem to work properly.
I have the same issue ElizabethN has. The threads show up fine under Active Topics, but not in the Elementary Forum itself.
OK, I just updated a few more settings. Can you let me know if the Elementary Forum now shows up normally for you?
No, it doesn't. The last post in the forum view is 5/8; the last post to the Elementary forum in the active topics view is from 5/17. (http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....Decision_re_Kindergarten.html#Post129908)
I see a Display Options section at the bottom of the page. It defaults to Thread Subject - descending, which seems to give you threads sorted by thread title in reverse alphabetical order. If I switch it to sorting by Last post time - descending, I see the most recent post at the top, as you expect.

Maybe, Mark, you can change the settings so that the default sort order is Last post time - descending, since that's what people seem to expect? Reverse alphabetical order by subject doesn't seem all that useful, anyway :-)
Ah, you are observant! Yes, that's exactly it - the other forums sort in a different order.
Wow, good catch, I never even realized it was set up like this. The setting should now be fixed - how is it showing up for you?
Still sorting by thread title descending. But at least I know what to select to fix it now, so there's progress. :-)
Sorry, I think I finally got it.
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks!
Ah, thanks, I've been clicking to resort them for a few weeks.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum