Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Great article by Joseph Cardillo, part 1 of a series. A lot of advice on dealing with schools, some of which we've seen parents give on this forum:

Parenting Gifted Children: Is the New School Year OK? Part 1
What a great article! As a future teacher of the gifted, I really appreciated the author's suggestions for parents, especially working with teachers. I love the suggestion that parents volunteer in their child's classroom so that they have a more accurate representation of what's going on with their child and the teacher. That way, all three can work together to figure out the best solution for the child.
that's a great article...I wonder if he will write one about what to do when you are thwarted at every turn?

I did (or thought I did) most of the things on that list...but I guess a bigger problem is that the school is not what it was promised to be so we're moving on...

the New School Year was NOT ok, lol!
Originally Posted by master of none
But overall, I was thinking I could share it with those unfamiliar about gifted, like last year's GT teacher (lol- but seriously) or that very nice, but rigid 3rd grade teacher who meant well but just about did in my dd, or that school we toured that talked about how important it was for character development that no child be allowed to work ahead.

OMG! master...I didn't know you had gone to OUR school! hahahahah!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum