Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Cocopandan SENG Conference in Seattle - July 15-17 - 05/03/11 03:35 AM
Anyone planning to go?

http://sengifted.org/2011_conference/index.shtml
Posted By: flower Re: SENG Conference in Seattle - July 15-17 - 05/03/11 04:19 PM
We are thinking about it...undecided as of yet.
We're thinking about it, too, but it means we need to make a special trip to Seattle since we live in Bay Area.

If anyone has attended a SENG conference in the past, would you mind sharing your experience? Is it worth making a trip? How helpful is it to the parents and the child? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: flower Re: SENG Conference in Seattle - July 15-17 - 05/05/11 04:28 PM
I wrote to the children's program and inquired about my DD13. The children's program goes from 7-14 with the teens going from 15-18. I am a bit concerned about my kiddo being in with a bunch of younger kids as she is use to being with older kids. They have said that there will be quite a few 12-14 year olds in the program and they do not allow younger kids into the older kids programs. I am still on the wall about it. I would also love to know what others have experienced. Thanks!
Posted By: flower Re: SENG Conference in Seattle - July 15-17 - 05/30/11 01:01 PM
Well we have decided to go!
We decided not to go. The children program will work for our two older ones, but we can't figure out childcare for our youngest one (DD5).
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum