Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: yannam summer school - 01/28/11 05:19 PM
I am trying to find out summer school programs either locally or out of state either on- site or online to keep my DD occupied during summer

preferably full day classes

also please comment on local YMCA camps etc

highly appreciate your helpful comments
Posted By: intparent Re: summer school - 01/28/11 05:44 PM
This is pretty broad. Here is some info that could help:

- Where are you geographically?
- How old is your DD?
- Does she have any special interests?
- Are you looking for something more academic, or more of s summer camp type option?
- Are you considering "residential" programs (where she would go overnight), or just day programs (the out of state part doesnt' really make sense if you are talking about day programs)

In our city alone I can suggest a dozen options depending on the answer to those questions.
Posted By: yannam Re: summer school - 01/28/11 06:06 PM
Thanks for your reply
from omaha, ne
5 years
no special interests
academic programs

i hope this info is helpful
Posted By: intparent Re: summer school - 01/28/11 10:51 PM
Seems like she is too young for any residential programs, so I assume you are looking for things in the Omaha area or online. We don't live there, but maybe someone else can help. One of our local papers publishes a list of local camps and summer programs (usually in March) for the upcoming summer. So you might check and see if your paper does something like that.
Posted By: Nan Re: summer school - 02/01/11 08:08 PM
A local elementary school or library is often a good source of information about local summer camps.
Posted By: Nik Re: summer school - 02/01/11 09:47 PM
Some of the best camps we found for my DDs when they were that age were through the local university, I don't know if other universities do that or if it was unique to LeTourneau, but they had the coolest summer day camps for elementary ages taught by the college students mostly.
Posted By: yannam Re: summer school - 02/01/11 10:23 PM
Omaha, ne has no specific classes, dd school provide summer classes for students who are lagging behind not otherwise, what a pity
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum