Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: BinB I love it when things go right. - 10/06/10 01:45 AM
We moved our DS7 to a private school this year. He was showing signs of underachieving at the public school last year and his teacher was less than helpful. So this year, when they fired a bunch of teachers and took class sizes to over 30, we decided enough was enough and switched.

This new school seems to attract high-achievers and has all the kids working 1/2 to 1 grade level ahead. It's a full curriculum -- a long day (8:30-3:30) with lots of enrichment activities, like arts and languages. Way different from the public school.

And everything is going well so far! DS is happy, and doing really well - getting excellent grades, not slacking, taking pride in his accomplishments, and doing his homework with a minimum of fuss... one day he even started it on his own without being asked. smile YAY! Such a difference from the lazy, class-clowny stuff that was going on last year.

Fingers crossed it will continue like this...
Posted By: Katelyn'sM om Re: I love it when things go right. - 10/06/10 02:07 AM
Great update! I really hope he continues to blossom at his new school!
Posted By: flower Re: I love it when things go right. - 10/06/10 06:08 AM
Good news to hear I hope it continues! At least you know that it can be right and what it looks like when it is right!
Posted By: daytripper75 Re: I love it when things go right. - 10/06/10 01:21 PM
That's great news!
Posted By: mnmom23 Re: I love it when things go right. - 10/06/10 02:28 PM
So great to hear good news! It sounds like you really made a good choice to move him and it's paying off. Yay!
Posted By: Grinity Re: I love it when things go right. - 10/06/10 05:57 PM
Yippee!
You took a chance and it looks like it's paying off!
Posted By: Catalana Re: I love it when things go right. - 10/07/10 12:25 AM
So glad it is a good fit -what a relief for you.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum