Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Mom2LA Update and question - 02/01/08 05:44 PM
Hello ladies. Its been a while since I've posted. I've had a crazy month but am back now!

DD7 is doing very well in both her 2nd grade class and her GT class. I think I posted that they are allowing her to enter the science fair this year (usually is only 3-6 grade) and she's very excited about that. Her GT teacher has informed me that dd is excelling in her class and that she is very impressed with her quick progress smile

I had asked her teacher if they do any achievement testing at her school and the only thing she said they do is the Iowa-something achievement test in 3rd grade. (Im drawing a blank as to what its actually called!) Is anyone familiar with this? I know I have left it a bit vague but hopefully someone might recognize it. lol. Anyway, that will be done next year. I have no idea what the test is used for. I guess I had better figure out the actual name of it and do some research, huh? hehe.

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. Hope everyone is doing well!
Posted By: Mom2LA Re: Update and question - 02/01/08 06:01 PM
Ah, thats it. Thanks, Dottie! I had a feeling it was something like that.

I think I'm going to speak with her GT teacher about achievement testing. DYSP had asked for that and since dd doesn't have any I think I should start researching it a little bit. Her GT teacher seems very receptive and has always promoted the academy in her newsletters etc so I bet she'll be able to give me some direction.

oh, and thanks..good be to be back here!
Posted By: Grinity Re: Update and question - 02/01/08 06:01 PM
Hi Mom2LA,
good to see you, and happy your DD is enjoying school and the science fair! Yippee!
Grinity
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum