Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Catalana How do you know when you are fed-up . . . - 04/13/10 12:46 PM
with your school?

For me, it manifests in an educational book buying spree. The first time around it was handwriting without tears books primarily. This time it is Life of Fred and geometry books (4 of them) blush

Now if I could just justify buying shoes grin

Cat
Posted By: inky Re: How do you know when you are fed-up . . . - 04/13/10 02:31 PM
In addition to buying educational books, I also attend more school meetings. It takes a certain level of frustration to sit through 2+ hours of a school board meeting in order to have 5 minutes to speak on an issue. laugh
Ha. You are right Inky. We had one of those BOE meetings last night (but my DH was the one who had to go wink
I find that the more fed up I am, the longer I'm willing to travel for gifted get togethers.
Posted By: Taminy Re: How do you know when you are fed-up . . . - 04/14/10 12:53 AM
I know that I'm fed up when....

...I become obsessed with this forum laugh

Posted By: jesse Re: How do you know when you are fed-up . . . - 04/14/10 01:39 AM
like Taminy said:
... I'm on this forum day and night laugh
Posted By: blob Re: How do you know when you are fed-up . . . - 04/14/10 01:47 AM
... when I start planning to miss the next review meeting with the Gifted Board and the school in late May. Pointless to go since they don't seem to listen anyway. My emails (one each to the Gifted Board and to the school) have been ignored too.

Maybe it means I have between now to late May to build up the energy to show up. eek
You know you're fed up when
...you no longer make eye contact when picking up your child from school.
...you read books constantly looking for someone else like yourself.
...you think your only option is to tranport your child an hour away.
...you think homeschooling is the only option left.
...you are obsessed with this forum!! smile
Oh...and I forgot...I'm also fed up of being fed up! smile
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum