Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
I just posted this on another subject post but I didn't know if I would get an answer as I wasn't sure it would relate.

I applied this month to DYS but have not heard anything yet. However, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if DYS could help me answer some questions and give me some guidance about what to do with a few situations at my son's school. I really need some advice and I don't know where else to go. Does anyone know if they are available in this way even if your child has not gotten in yet or may not get in at all? Thank you so much.

Jules
You could ask. I don't know how much help they can offer, but the worst thing they would say is "We can't help you."

Is it possible that people here on the forum could help you? Generally speaking, we're not professionals, but speaking from my own experience with asking questions here, there's a lot of wisdom available!
Originally Posted by Kriston
Is it possible that people here on the forum could help you? Generally speaking, we're not professionals, but speaking from my own experience with asking questions here, there's a lot of wisdom available!

I totally agree, I have gotten some great ideas here...you could post some questions publically and if you needed to get into more detail you could post privately to someone. And I have to say, while we aren't "experts" in a sense we are experts due to all the experiences we have all been through and knowing our kids. We have learned a lot and most of us have been researching and seeking out answers for quite some time. : )
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum