Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Momma Bear IEP FINALLY SCHEDULED - 12/03/09 06:38 PM
After what seems like forever the school system has accepted our independent evaluation and we have our initial IEP scheduled for a week from today!

I just emailed over 6 pages to the person writing it up specifics on what I felt was appropriate to be included in the IEP. I've got 15 pages of notes and another 6 pages of possible objections with responses for me to go over. Read everything you can imagine and have a portfolio ready to bring in.

Am I missing anything other than my sanity? Any words of wisdom as I enter this playing field are appreciated. Prayers too!
Posted By: Jamie B Re: IEP FINALLY SCHEDULED - 12/03/09 06:45 PM
Good luck!!!
Posted By: Jamie B Re: IEP FINALLY SCHEDULED - 12/03/09 06:54 PM
What kind of notes do you have and what will you request in it? I really need to redo DSs but I'm clueless as to what to add to it.
Posted By: Momma Bear Re: IEP FINALLY SCHEDULED - 12/03/09 08:20 PM
Jamie B - I'd be happy to share. I'll get it to you this evening. Running to car pool.

OH. By the way... Mysteriously I got an email saying that we couldn't meet next week at that time for the IEP after all. That several people need to attend and she has to check their schedules. This after I sent over my 6 pages of IEP. AM I BEING PARANOID? NOT!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Posted By: Jamie B Re: IEP FINALLY SCHEDULED - 12/03/09 08:21 PM
Oh good luck...I hope that it's nothing and that the reschedule it quickly!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum