Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Isa Hi there! - 09/03/09 07:54 PM
It has been a looong time... I just got sidetracked, sorry wink

A very quick update:

DD6 was last year in first grade. The school was most willing to cooperate and adapt to some point to DD, BUT they acted very slowly and by the end of the year DD was really miserable. Her reading is still very slow and she basically still refuses to read. After a few lines she claims to be sooo tired.

This year the school wanted to have a better defined plan for DD instead of the 'fist see and wait a little before doing anything' and they are going to focus on support for the reading, while giving her some maths at her level. They told me they were going to test her BEFORE the lessons start and they will not make her repeat what she already knows. Now let's hope they do not take months to implement this....

Anyway, I will try to log in more often and re-participate more in the discussions.

Cheers to everybody,

Isa
Posted By: Dazed&Confuzed Re: Hi there! - 09/03/09 10:11 PM
I hope this year goes more smoothly. I assume she's had a full eye exam by a developmental optometrist that is trained in the area of reading issues?
Posted By: Isa Re: Hi there! - 09/04/09 08:07 AM
Hi D&C !

She had an aye exam last year and I will take her this autumn for another one. I had stopped with the eye exercises for a while but I think this was an error and now we are returning to them.
The optometrist is 2000 km away from here so we have to do the exercises by ourselves.

How are you doing?
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum