Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: bayareamom "Constructivist" school for gifted kids - 02/22/09 03:30 PM
Hi,

Does anyone have any feedback on 'constructivist' approach to teaching gifted kids? We are looking into a gifted school for DD for elementary that is based on this approach and I want to understand better what to expect. I did a search on the forums and did not not come up with any hits. I am not sure whether it is also known by any other name. Here is the blurb: Basically seems to be a philosophy where the teaching style is child-directed, project oriented learning and is recommended for visual-spatial learners who like whole to part approach as opposed to building on basics/ part to whole approach of more traditional schools.
Posted By: BWBShari Re: "Constructivist" school for gifted kids - 02/23/09 04:09 AM
Sounds like directed unschooling!
Posted By: seeker Re: "Constructivist" school for gifted kids - 02/23/09 06:23 AM
bayareamom,

Here is a link on *constructivism* in the classroom. We toured Nueva last year which I recall used that approach. I believe this site also includes a list of schools that use this approach.

http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/concept2class/constructivism/index.html

HTH

If you want to discuss Nueva, send me a note.

© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum