Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: willagayle the child prodigy - 03/12/07 12:44 AM
This is a fantastic site for the profoundly gifted and about having multiple gifted kids in the family.

http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html

Posted By: Ania Re: the child prodigy - 03/16/07 07:38 PM
Very interesting blog.
Ania
Posted By: Ania Re: the child prodigy - 03/20/07 07:30 PM
I am reading this blog daily :-)Thanks again Willa for posting.
Here is a link to today's post, about teaching to the left of the curve. Could not agree more...

http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2007/03/ravaglia-on-american-education-and.html
Posted By: mayreeh Re: the child prodigy - 04/06/07 06:50 PM
OT:

I went to the blog and ended up reading the post on first words.... Reminded me of DS's first words..... or at least his first full sentence:

Daddy Daddy don't worry, call glassmasters.

My son had not yet managed 'Mommy, I love you' - but he could recite his favorite commercial with ease.....

LOL I think I will enjoy the blog. Wonder what other fond memories it will trigger....

Mary
Posted By: willagayle Re: the child prodigy - 04/07/07 08:03 PM
Those reminded me of Rite's first words and Mite's first songs. It's amazing I didn't realize who they were in their beginnings now that I look back. I know I asked a lot of people when Rite was young, what they thought of his abilities, and I was always told it would "even out" and that I was just a proud momma. Oh how those words have harmed my children.

I tell both boys now to be very observant of their abilities and to know they have them. While it is not in their interests to flaunt the abilities, it is definitely in their interest to use them.

I love Valentine's awe of his sons. Even if they weren't gifted, you can tell he adores them and enjoys being a father.

I often feel that awe of my boys. Being their mom is such a wonderful experience for all the love and joy they give and share, and then for how fascinating their minds are.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum