Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: stbmom I feel like a business tycoon - 03/05/07 10:44 PM
trying to host a hostile takeover!

We are trying to "steal" a worker from my son's daycare to be our nanny after the twins are born. Unfortunately, her son missed the PreK cut off by 8 days (grrr), so she needs to keep him in daycare for another year. My son's daycare really is the best in our area. So, our offer to her - matching her currently salary, plus paying for her son to attend daycare.

It is still less than it would cost us to send 3 kids to daycare, plus no commute time, less illness, and she is GREAT.

I will let you all know how the negotiations progress!
Posted By: Grinity Re: I feel like a business tycoon - 03/06/07 12:28 AM
Good luck!
I'm so glad that there is someone in your life that "gets" your son.
T
Posted By: elh0706 Re: I feel like a business tycoon - 03/08/07 06:45 PM
If she is really that good, would you be willing to have her bring her child along while she cares for yours? That might be an even bigger draw for her.
Posted By: stbmom Re: I feel like a business tycoon - 03/09/07 10:02 PM
She really wants her son to stay in the daycare. In our state, Pre-K is run through private daycares and this is one of the best. Priority for the Pre-K is given to kids that attend the daycare, so he has to stay there. They don't have part time care either, you have to pay full time.
That was her only real hesitation which is why we offered to pay for him to continue attending the daycare for next year. It's a pretty expensive daycare, but Pre-K will be free for him the following year.
Posted By: Grinity Re: I feel like a business tycoon - 03/11/07 02:03 PM
That's so interesting. Our state doesn't pay for pre-k, and our town's kindergarden was only half-day, so I was paying for daycare right through till first grade!

I'm tickled that you have someone in mind and a great plan.
Trinity
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum