Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: stbmom Off topic, but - 02/26/07 09:52 PM
We had an ultrasound this afternoon and found out.

Gulp
Gulp
Gulp

TWINS!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Off topic, but - 02/26/07 10:07 PM
OMG!! Congrats!! Say goodbye to your feet you won't see them for awhile!
Posted By: stbmom Re: Off topic, but - 02/26/07 10:15 PM
I know!
And it will look so funny because I am only 5 feet tall with a small frame.

But, I can definitely say that after this - we are done with kids!
Posted By: doodlebug Re: Off topic, but - 02/26/07 10:16 PM
Oh my!!! congratulations!!! You certainly will have a handful, or two, won't you?!!!
Posted By: willagayle Re: Off topic, but - 02/27/07 01:29 AM
that's fun news!!! 2 more litte YSes to look forward to, eh!!
Posted By: delbows Re: Off topic, but - 02/27/07 03:00 AM
WOW! Best wishes and take care of yourself!
Posted By: Grinity Re: Off topic, but - 02/27/07 05:35 PM
Yippee!
My SIL made me the Aunt of twins, and she's 5 feet also.

Blessed be, and I don't know if organization is an issue for you, but if I was expecting twins, I'd go straight to Flylady.net for steps to getting my life as organized and routineized as possible. Of course, I need that even with out twins!

(Big proud smile)
Trinity
Posted By: stbmom Re: Off topic, but - 02/27/07 05:59 PM
We talked about getting organized last night!

So far our plan is to:

1. Get one of those hanging sweater holder things and put out my son's clothing for the week every Sunday.
2. Doing a weekly menu - that way I only have to go to the store once a week and will know exactly what I need to get.
3. Get an organizer for our mail (paper is our big problem)

Next, its nanny hunting!!
Hopefully I will be able to work from home full time - at least for a while, and be here with the nanny. It definitely helps with our decision to homeschool though smile
Posted By: Ania Re: Off topic, but - 02/27/07 06:51 PM
Off topic...
I am doing the weekly menus, and it has really eliminated my last minute before dinner runs to the local grocer for things like sour cream or chives. Still can't handle the paper though...

LOL and congrats!
Ania
Posted By: Grinity Re: Off topic, but - 02/27/07 08:13 PM
I love the idea of getting your son's clothing picked out on Sunday - LOL - you could do the same for yourself!

Weekly Menus are terrific -
I also do a lot of "bag and season the meat" and into the freezer on shopping day.

Crock Pot cooking is fun if you are around "enough." Is your son a picky eater? I never "forced" mine to "try bites" of stuff - mostly because I wasn't cooking "real meals" at the time. I kind of wish I had. I think that "You will eat what is on your plate" sends a basic "The adults are the ones in charge here" message that is worth sending. OTOH I think it depends on the child - that approach is way too much for some. Best thing is to try your best and then reproach yourself later - ((wink - joking about the reproach later))

((Giggling))
Trin-a-ling
Posted By: stbmom Re: Off topic, but - 02/27/07 09:08 PM
He is not a really picky eater. We really try to have him eat mostly healthy and if he doesn't like something we don't really force the issue. There have definitely been times when my meals have "missed the mark" even for me. If he doesn't like what is served for dinner, we give him yogurt and/or fruit - so I don't cook another meal just for him or anything like that.
He is a total meat eater, but also likes broccoli, green beans, and really likes fruit - so we are lucky in that respect. But, we also don't offer him things that are really unhealthy - he has never been given cookies, soda, or even juice that isn't 100% and diluted with water. We definitely know he can't live in a bubble and will have other things some time in life - but he is only 16 months so he really doesn't need anything really bad at this point.

I "would" pick out my clothing a week ahead, but looks like I will be getting bigger on a daily basis - so even the best laid plans might be unfullfilled smile

I did go to the fly lady website and will be better able to really organize once we find out the sex of the babies. I have a ton of my son's old things kind of "waiting" for the verdict!
Posted By: Jill Re: Off topic, but - 02/28/07 02:51 AM
Congradulations!

I do the weekly menus too and it really helps. I also try to make one thing each week that generates a "freezer meal". A freezer meal is something you can thaw and use to make a 15 minute meal - like frozen homemade soup, with some bread, salad from a bag, and fresh fruit or veggies.

Good luck and get lots of sleep now because soon you won't get any! wink
Jill
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum