Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
This may be slightly off topic, but I feel as though I have seen a lot of gender dysphoria recently among gifted and/or ASD kids. I have a friend who is researching the sudden upswing in gender dysphoria and she has asked me to share the following survey link widely. If you have a child who became gender dysphoric "out of the blue" between to ages of 10 and 21 -- or you know someone who does, please consider filling out the survey linked below. Feel free to share. Thank you.

https://youthtranscriticalprofessio...y-recruiting-parents-to-fill-out-survey/
Thanks, Gabalyn! I'm going to pass this on.
Thanks! I'm curious to know if parents are seeing a lot of this in their kids schools.
Originally Posted by gabalyn
This may be slightly off topic, but I feel as though I have seen a lot of gender dysphoria recently among gifted and/or ASD kids.
I recommend reading

The Tragic Transgender Contagion
by David French
National Review
August 18, 2016

The vast majority of kids who experience a period of discomfort with their biological sexual identity eventually desist. Indeed, the number may well be over 90 percent. In other words, kids who are growing and learning about life and themselves sometimes endure a period of confusion. This should shock exactly no one. What is shocking, however, is the insistence that this period of confusion should be treated as a period of confirmation — and that medical intervention is the logical and tolerant next course.

Indeed, transgender diagnoses have become so fashionable that doctors are sometimes stampeding to prescribe life-altering drugs even to kids — and then later, when the kids grow up, recommending mutilating surgery. In other words, doctors aren’t necessarily waiting for evidence of “consistence, insistence, and persistence.”

Thanks Bostonian. There does seem to be a significant element of social contagion.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum