Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: mom123 feeling blessed - 06/03/15 06:10 PM
So my dd10 brought home an 80% on her science final exam. It was stuffed at the bottom of her book bag, and she had to go digging when I asked if she had it. She took it out and sheepishly handed it to me. "Are you mad?" she asked.

In truth, I could not have been more delighted. After lots of consternation years ago about what exactly I was going to do with this kid - she is in a great place. A place where she is challenged, a place where she has to study - a place where she will bring home an 80 on a science final. The grade reflects how much she studied - a bit - but not very much. That is good. If she wants better grades, she will have to work a bit harder next time. How great is that? She is in a place where she can work hard and be challenged, where working harder brings better marks. I was not sure this place existed - and I am feeling so blessed that we found it.

I am also so thankful for this discussion board. When I was initially confronted with the information about my daughters differences - I was scared for her- and as a parent, I felt so alone. Today, I just really felt compelled to thank everyone who was so supportive in helping me understand the issues at hand. We are in a great place, thanks in no small part, to many of you. Thank you.
Posted By: Mahagogo5 Re: feeling blessed - 06/03/15 06:49 PM
woohoo!!!!!!
Posted By: FruityDragons Re: feeling blessed - 06/04/15 04:55 PM
Awesome! That's so great for your DD. So happy for you.
Posted By: chris1234 Re: feeling blessed - 06/05/15 05:27 PM
nice.
Posted By: Old Dad Re: feeling blessed - 06/21/15 03:26 AM
Outstanding, things can work out. It's wonderful to get to the point where we can praise the effort rather than the grade.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum