Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: master of none c - 05/05/13 07:26 PM
c
Posted By: Mk13 Re: Amazing school! - 05/05/13 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by master of none
On a positive note: We've been in talks with our middle school for a couple of months and it is amazing what they are willing to do! If you've followed my posts, you know some of the difficulties we've had. But next year we get to provide our own curriculum!!! No strings attached. Whatever curriculum is appropriate from our view is what we will get. I'm almost afraid to post because it's so good. I don't want to jinx it.

Wow! Are you sure you're not dreaming? smile Sounds like a dream of a school!
Posted By: HowlerKarma Re: Amazing school! - 05/05/13 08:36 PM
Doesn't it?? Congratulations, MoN! Maybe you should start buying lotto tickets while you're on a roll...

grin
Posted By: DeeDee Re: Amazing school! - 05/06/13 01:28 AM
MON, totally amazing. Please do keep us posted...

DeeDee
Posted By: Lovemydd Re: Amazing school! - 05/06/13 01:37 AM
Congratulations!
Posted By: 1frugalmom Re: Amazing school! - 05/06/13 02:03 PM
Good for you and your DD! Congratulations!!!
Posted By: aquinas Re: Amazing school! - 05/06/13 05:15 PM
What a dream! Congrats MON!
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: Amazing school! - 05/06/13 06:18 PM
That is awesome. Yes!
Posted By: bronalex Re: Amazing school! - 05/07/13 04:37 PM
Congrats!!
Posted By: WannaBeGTEduc Re: Amazing school! - 05/08/13 06:25 PM
That is fabulous news. I have to ask: what are you thinking of asking for? I am always on the lookout for ideas for our kids since our district is open to ideas.
Posted By: geofizz Re: Amazing school! - 05/08/13 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by WannaBeGTEduc
That is fabulous news. I have to ask: what are you thinking of asking for? I am always on the lookout for ideas for our kids since our district is open to ideas.
I've asked our middle school to stack DD's classes with other kids that test as gifted in at least one axis (cognitive or subject-specific achievement). I've asked that the goal be to construct classes that spends more time operating at higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy. So far I've met a receptive audience. I don't yet have evidence of follow through.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum