Originally Posted by blob
Has anyone pulled their child out of school when their child had friends? How is it like emotionally for the kid?

Our 9 year old went to a B&M school for 4 years and made some really close friends. She is schooling at home this year and it's going very well.

While she was still in B&M I setup some trial homeschool days for her. This included some academics but I had also reached out to the local HS'ing community and and had her sit in on some HS classes and activities. This was so very helpful for her.

She does miss some of her close friends from her old school and setting up play dates is a priority for her. It has been challenging to work out schedules with after school activities for all kids and I wasn't meeting her need. I believe I've finally figured it out though! I looked up the schools schedule for days off and I am setting up play dates for the days her friends from her old school have off. It's working out really well for all of us and in some cases giving us an entire day to play while the parents of her friends are at work.