Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 328 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    A
    A
    Yay, team!

V
    V
    I'm watching a few minutes of that video, and I've found a delicious parody of (I think) Jaime from MythBusters. And Myth #2, I feel your pain. The teachers in the elementary schools just didn't understand! I didn't even learn anything! Everything I learned was from the internet to compensate for the lack of curriculi planning they had for gifted students. Myth 3 is basically the story of my middle school life (in elementary grades, they either said I was too smart or too dumb)! Myth 5 is very similar for my life now, because my teachers allowed me to go into an advanced writing group for summer, and he let me stay in the seventh grade class so I could learn seventh grade things. (I through a fit in the 6th grade class, and nobody really liked me there!) Myth 7 was so me in 5th grade. I got mostly B's and C's, and my 5th grade teacher said I didn't "adapt" to "normal people things". Myth 8 is not only me, but it is HILARIOUS! The stupid observers were all like, "She can't be gifted because she has ADHD and Aspergers!" yet I was, at the time, at a high school level in writing, and in reading, a late middle-school level. It's hilarious because that boy bursts in when he was making those STUPID COMMENTS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Take that, Board of Ed! (I also know someone who is suffering from ADHD, yet is practically a genius!) Myth 9 is entirely true: middle school is suffering from lack of challenging courses. I mean, I want to study Psychology now, not wait until I'm a high-schooler! This thing is great, and gifted children are starved of resources. BELIEVE IN GIFTED PEOPLE! BELIEVE!

I'll confess that it made me weepy too - I just think of all the wasted talent and time...

I wish I could corral every educator in my district in a room and make them watch this.

Cat

Love it!

And I loved the little GT things in each scene!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM