Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 429 guests, and 36 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    High-five !

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    JenSMP Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Thanks guys! I actually just got even better news. I just found out that ds didn't get his afternoon booster at school for the past two days. So, (fingers crossed) maybe he just needs that increased concerta (36mg) in the morning and no booster (at least not every day). Usually he needs a booster by 1 or 2pm. I actually thought he'd had a 10mg booster yesterday because we were planning to increase that dosage as well. Turns out, he did that well with just the concerta! Great news; praying today is just as good.

Btw, our counselor suggested we wait a month or two before doing any further testing. I think he's afraid we are looking at the challenges without considering the big picture. He said,"I'm not discounting the possibility that there could be a LD or other issue going on, but I think we should address one thing at a time right now." So, we're going to focus on getting the ADHD medication dosage straightened out while continuing therapy and piano (an activity he actually loves! finally!). If we do not see improvement or ds is showing academic problems, we'll pursue further testing. I have a tendency to jump the gun because I'm afraid of letting something slide. I'd hate to think he had a problem and I didn't address it early enough. As always, I'll be keeping a close watch on what's going on and recording a diary of daily observations and notes from the teacher. I am going to try to take a break from reading about disorders because every time I read about a new one, half the symptoms apply to my son! They overlap so much it's hard to know, isn't it?

JenSMP Offline OP
    OP Offline

Originally Posted by JenSMP
    Thanks guys! I actually just got even better news. I just found out that ds didn't get his afternoon booster at school for the past two days.

That is good news. Good for you for taking that perspective.
    Hugs,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Great news! What a relief to know you are on the right track with the medication and dosage.

D
    D
    Sounds good, Jen. Glad to hear of the progress!

DeeDee

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM