I'm trying to figure out the scheduling. I think it's another fourth grade teacher who does the TD (talent development) math. It's not a designated TD teacher. That could be good because if the fifth graders are doing math at the same time there wouldn't be a huge scheduling conflict.

I am very open to specific suggestions on how to proceed. One thing I'm wondering is how to determine if he really is 2 years ahead. We did a little hot-housing from this spring through summer initially because they were applying to a program that required very advanced skills and later because I knew they would be using a more traditional curriculum than their Montessori school and I wanted to fill any possible gaps. Both the tutor and I think he is not at the fourth grade level, but as we used the EOG 4th and 5th grade exams as study guides, I don't think that having my son complete them "proves" anything. I only have access to one version. The tutor was great, but he's a math/physics student at CMU, not an educator who can advocate for us.

I really can't do that much math suppplementation at home because of scheduling issues and we already work on piano every day (plus some other extra curriculars and my f/t job). A whole additional math curriculum would be over scheduling all of us.